Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Guaranteed To Make Your Day


The holiday season is always said to be the most wonderful time of the year. For me, that means Christmas time. Starting December, the holiday spirit takes over. I am super into it; decorating the tree, gingerbread houses, holiday movies (mostly Elf, probably the best Christmas movie of all time) and so much more.

I think sometimes the holiday season can bring out the selfish sides in people. It is kind of inevitable, because you always wonder, What am I going to get this year? Am I going to get what I asked for? Everyone has those thoughts. But, the holiday season is also about giving. That can be the best part of Christmas. Giving someone a gift they really wanted, and seeing the look on their face. Especially little kids.

I saw a commercial in one of my classes last week, and it made my day. It is probably the cutest story I have ever seen. It is not so much a commercial, but a great story that West Jet Airlines pulled off. In the video, they focus on one flight and all the passengers on it. When they check in their boarding passes in the machine, there is a video of Santa that asks every passenger what they want for Christmas. They answer with one thing they want, and get on their plane - not thinking much of it. However, while they are in the sky, the airline has people in the city they are flying into go and get every single thing that the passengers wanted. They get them before they land in that city, and wrap them all. Then, once the plane lands and the passengers go to baggage claim to get their luggage, they get the greatest surprise ever. Instead of their luggage coming out of the baggage claim, they each have the one thing they wanted for Christmas wrapped and sent out. The shocks on everyones faces made my day.



I think oftentimes people can get lost in the holiday season, in terms of what to buy, what they are going to get, and other things. It seems like everyone moves a hundred miles per hour during the month of December. But it can be very refreshing and fulfilling to take a minute and enjoy the holidays, and not get caught up in the stress of things. You can witness things like these, and it can lift the stress and help you remember what the holidays are really about.


No comments:

Post a Comment